Saturday, May 9, 2015

Day 24 - 2.5 mile road walk, then mile 275.2 and 288.1 15.5 miles

Got a late start, as per usual. Cab finally came to the hotel about 1000. Got to van dusen dirt road at 1030. Had a 24 oz "moosecock" PBR for the road. It was Grant's turn To carry the empty, so yippee for me :)

Nice hiking. I kept telling Grant to not get used to it as the next few days would be hot as hell, mark my words. Almost made it to where I camped last year with One Button further down Holcomb Creek. Nothing much to report, except it was a flattish downhill, cool weather, nice nice nice, except for the late start... Oh, blisters were marginal, but I got the Jimmy Buffet so song "my head hurts, my feet stink, and I don't love Jesus" song stuck in my head, except it should go, "my FEET hurt and my FEET stink, yadda yadda yadda" found a nice spot up on a small ridge away from the creek to camp because we were tired and it would be warmer than the creek bottom.  Dehydrated zatarains with spinach and cheese for me, and mountain House spaghetti for grant, with my favorite desert (and appetizer, and side dish) sour cream and onion potato chips. Yup, my body craves fat and salt, and I'm giving in.

In bed and asleep about 8:30. goodnight.

Pictures on instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean. Don't be mean.